Space Test and Evaluation SME
This position supports the leadership, direction, policy, and resourcing of the Air Force (AF) developmental and operational Test and Evaluation (T&E) for Space Systems. The applicant oversees all test activities for space systems and evaluates those activity’s T&E adequacy in support of AF acquisition decisions.
Duties will include:
- Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with OSD, SECAF, HAF, Air Staff, National Reconnaissance Office, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Combatant Commands, State Department, CIA, NGA, DIA, NASA as well as other service components.
- Maintains a continuous liaison with other Air Staff, other service headquarters counterparts and DOD offices to integrate Air Force T&E support actions.
- Collaborates with academia, industry, and other federal agencies to improve overall T&E planning, execution, and reporting of various studies, analyses, and evaluations.
- Supports direct/indirect Air Staff oversight of T&E for 24 USAF, 8 special access, and 19 national space programs
- Reviews Capability Requirement documents for space systems
- Attends Integrated Test Team meetings, test events, T&E working groups, and Test Readiness Reviews
- Reviews and coordinates Test and Evaluation Master Plan and other test strategies/reports as necessary
- Assists the T&E organization as they review and update T&E policy and procedures to include regulatory guidance and deliverable definition.
Minimum Position Requirements
- BS (STEM Degree-preferred)
- At least 8-10 years Air Force Space Operations Experience on console e.g. Space Situational Awareness, Command and Control, Space Protection, Space Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance, Missile Warning/Defense, MILSATCOM, Space Position, Navigation & Timing, Space Testing, Training, Tactics & Exercises, AF Satellite Control Network Operations or Space Launch.
- At least 2 years of Test and Evaluation Experience
- Requires a solid understanding of the Department of Defense acquisition process and the role of T&E in that process
- Ability to travel (approx. 10% of time)
Desired Education and Experience
Space test experience in developmental or operational test is highly desired as is space operational experience on console e.g. Space Situational Awareness, Command and Control, Space Protection, Space Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance, Missile Warning/Defense, MILSATCOM, Space Position, Navigation & Timing, Space Testing, Training, Tactics & Exercises, AF Satellite Control Network Operations or Space Launch. Commercial satellite expertise is also highly desirable; especially as may apply to the military mission.
Security Clearance Requirement
TS/SCI –desired, minimum SECRET required with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
Place of Performance
Pentagon, Arlington VA
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6124753.jobs?ApplyToJob=117537345
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.