February 2, 2018 – Alexandria, VA – In February 2017, the Loch Harbour Group (LHG) was awarded a major contract to provide 14 Series Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Instructor Services to the Fires Center of Excellence (FCoE), 30th Air Defense Artillery Brigade, Fort Sill, OK. The objective of this contract is to instruct US and Foreign…
Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) Level III — supporting the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Cyber Command. This position is responsible for applying extensive knowledge and experience of a variety of cyber concepts, practices, and procedures to evaluate technical and operational cybersecurity alternatives for various USCG systems and environments. The successful candidate(s) shall possess the proper knowledge and technical expertise for the USCG the computing environment (CE) and possess the baseline skill sets, certifications, and experience as needed for the specific cybersecurity SME level and Cyber Network Defense (CND) / Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) specialty, as required to meet U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (DoD 8570.01-M) standards.
Duties will include:
- Assessing cyber and information security related risks, threats, and vulnerabilities and evaluate / propose recommendation for effective mitigation or corrective actions
- Design, configuration, integration, and deployment of open source and commercial applications and tools to support the cybersecurity role and mission
- Develop, lead, and manage processes to support analysis of log files from a variety of enterprise level systems and sensors to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection/prevention system logs
- Perform customary cyber support functions, including: intrusion detection, penetration testing, incident response, and forensic analysis.
- Investigate tools, technologies, and techniques appropriate to the examination and mitigation of potential Cyber threats or risks.
- Evaluate and establish metrics to capture, measure and report potential cybersecurity risks and threats.
- Examine (audit), evaluate and report potential system / architecture vulnerabilities and propose mitigation strategies.
- Assess, interpret, and apply DoD and USCG cybersecurity and Information Assurance guidance, regulations, and related documentation.
Minimum Position Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in cyber technology / cyber security or a closely related area (USCG experience desirable).
- Must meet the requirements for DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III by possessing one of the following certifications:
- CASP CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or associate)
- Proficient in the evaluation and application of a variety of cybersecurity concepts, practices, and procedures.
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Associate’s Degree with 4 years’ additional relevant experience highly preferred.
- Network Security / Information Security / Cybersecurity experience within a USCG environment.
Security Clearance Requirement
Secret with ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
Place of Performance
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6124753.jobs?ApplyToJob=184769987
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.