December 2019 – Alexandra, VA – Loch Harbour Group (LHG), a professional services consulting company serving the Federal government and private sectors, is pleased to announce several staff members on our BOSS 2 contract were awarded Certificates of Appreciation by the S&T Under Secretary at the S&T Awards Ceremony in December 2019. Awards were presented […]
As the Motion Graphics Designer/Video Editor, you would be part of a 30+ member creative team, reporting to the Creative Director, to help produce creative products to promote the client’s technology programs. DHS S&T supports customers that include other DHS components such as FEMA, U.S. Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, Transportation Security Agency, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency as well as state and local governments, and the first responder community.
As the Motion Graphic Designer/Video Editor, you will report to the Creative Director and work with the S&T team (producers, videographers, photographers, designers, writers). In this position, you are responsible for and are able to demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the production process: from conception through delivery.
- Possess a strong ability to accurately capture team and client feedback and integrate it in a professional and timely manner.
- Demonstrate mastery of video and audio editing.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to think creatively at a strategic level – story first.
- Experience working with internal customers (program managers, subject matter experts, etc.) to accurately convey technical concepts and information through creative products.
- Is a problem solver – both creatively and technically.
- Possess the ability to address creative issues as they arise with efficiency and purpose.
- Understand the importance of studio and location video shoots as a means to capture all needed footage to ensure complete, consistent, and high-quality final products.
- Has experience in editing polished videos from b-roll, taped interviews, audio narration and other elements provided by S&T, adding graphics, visual and audio effects, music, etc.
- Can produce storyboards that present a very clear vision of what proposed illustrations and animations will look like to client and team members.
- Possess the ability to create original 2D/3D animations and graphics.
- Ensure proper encoding and distribution of accessible video files in a variety of formats to a range of platforms for specific uses.
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of the types of projects in the pipeline.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Videography, Motion Graphics or related field
- At least 3-5 years of successful animation experience or 5 years of relevant experience without a degree.
- Working expertise with: Adobe Suite (After Effects, Premiere Photoshop, Illustrator) and Cinema 4D/Maya. Experience in render engines such as Redshift, Arnold, and Octane. etc. Must have ability to perform basic VFX tasks such as: greenscreen comps, object removals, local blurs, etc.
- Photography expertise a plus.
- Advanced VFX experience is a huge plus: Matchmoving, live action integration, CG assets, etc.
- Working knowledge of the following a plus: Nuke, Substance Painter / Designer
- Have an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates both creativity and mastery of video animation and editi
Place of Performance
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3053536
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.