February 22, 2019 – Alexandria, VA – Loch Harbour Group, Inc. announced that it has been appraised at level 3 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)®. The appraisal was performed by Williamsburg Process Solutions LLC. CMMI is an Internationally recognized organizational process capability improvement framework that provides organizations with the essential elements […]
The Senior Contract Analyst applies their exceptional knowledge of all phases of acquisition management, price and cost analysis, and Federal and Department of Defense (DoD) contracting principles in support of the Directorate of Procurement which supports the Military Health System (MHS) through effective award and administration of multi-regional TRICARE health services contracts, as well as other medical, dental support, information technology and other program management contracts. The Directorate of Procurement also serves as business and acquisition advisors to Defense Health Agency (DHA) leadership.
Accomplish and deliver compliant pre- and post-award documentation and/or contractual documents in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DHA and DoD supplements, policy guidance directives and instructions. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the planning for and executing the pre-award activities related to soliciting offers including; 1.) Publicizing the proposed procurement; 2.) Preparing solicitations; 3.) Responding to pre-award inquiries; 4.) Conducting a pre-proposal conference; and 5.) Amending or canceling the solicitation.
- Review and assist to determine if negotiated procedures will be utilized to select the appropriate vendor(s) to satisfy the requirement.
- Conduct the activities related to the evaluation of quotations in response to a solicitation including; 1.) Receiving quotations; 2.) Processing late quotations; 3.) Identifying and resolving mistakes in quotations; 4.) Conducting price analysis; and 5.) Determining completeness.
- Assist in evaluating vendor proposals in accordance with statute, regulation, policy, factors established in the solicitation, and the Source Selection Plan, as applicable.
- Assist in conducting contract award activities, to include determining contractor responsibility; preparing the award documentation; issuing the award; processing requests for a debriefing; and respond to protests, if necessary.
- Review to consider the need to examine issues that may aid in achieving a clear and mutual understanding of contract requirements, and identify and resolve potential problems.
- Assist in the planning and conducting post-award orientation designed to resolve potential or actual issues that may affect contract performance and to achieve a mutual understanding of significant responsibilities of both the Government and contractor
- Assist in performing quality assurance and administration of the contract by monitoring and assessing contractor performance and communicating, negotiating and addressing issues that may arise during the performance of the contract.
- Assist in collecting, review, and assess payment-related information relative to; 1.) Determining the allowability of costs associated with the requirement; 2.) Performing adjustments, as needed; 3.) Evaluating accounting and estimating systems; and 4.) Authorizing invoice payment.
- In coordination with Government, review and assess to determine if there is a requirement to modify the contract by changing the terms in writing in order to protect the rights of the all parties.
- Provide input to determine the need to modify the contract using the type of contract modification that best fits the acquisition situation.
- Review, assess and provide the government information to determine if it is in the best interest of the Government to terminate a contract.
- Assist in determining the method used to terminate the contract and carry out the termination in accordance with applicable statute and regulation.
- Verify that the contract file is complete and closeout the contract file.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in any field that includes or is supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization.
- Minimum 10 years of direct Federal procurement experience comprised of: Minimum 5 years of experience serving as an actual Federal government employee (not contractor) in 1102 series (or equivalent) as a contract specialist or procurement analyst; and to meet the total 10 year minimum, will accept up to an additional 5 years of experience as a Federal or contract employee in direct support of Federal procurements serving in a capacity equivalent to the 1102 series contract specialist or procurement analyst.
- Exceptional knowledge of all phases of acquisition management.
- Knowledge of price and cost analysis sufficient to review proposals against previous history, actual and estimated expenditures, and established rates to determine price reasonableness or to determine a negotiation position.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of fact-finding, analysis, and resolution of complex problems, and the ability to develop concrete action plans to solve problems.
- Exceptional knowledge of Federal and DoD contracting principles (Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DoD Directives and Instructions, laws, regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert technical advice, staff coordination and consultation to foster formulating guidelines, implementing new developments, and providing expert interpretation.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills sufficient to provide clear concise communication and documentation.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project) and Adobe Acrobat.
Desired Education and Experience
- At least 5 years DoD procurement or contract administration experience is preferred.
- Contract writing system PD2 experience preferable.
Place of Performance
Aurora, CO (MC-CD)
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2381487
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.