The Vibration Engineer will provide engineering services to ensure a comprehensive approach to vibration testing, vibration analysis, helicopter rotor smoothing, vibration troubleshooting, condition-based maintenance, structural monitoring, health usage monitoring, and modal testing and analysis.
Duties will include:
- Be knowledgeable about aircraft structures and components, mechanical systems, and installation design.
- Ensure that Government aircraft, aircraft systems, and aircraft components meet acceptable levels of safety and airworthiness.
- Make recommendations to ALC Division Chiefs, Branch Chiefs, and Product Lines to improve reliability, reduce cost, and ensure airworthiness.
- Analyze vibration data for unique and reoccurring patterns within the spectral data that could be used to identify at-risk propeller gearboxes.
- Identify anomalies and conduct a comparative analysis of the anomalies.
- Design tests and determine test data compliance with airworthiness requirements in accordance with DOD, OEM, and ALC standards.
- Review and provide updates to data capture equipment, USCG Component Frequency Chart (aircraft), RT Vision Data Review Job Aid, Helitune Equipment Integrated Logistics Support Plan, ALC Aircraft Vibration Assessment Rating Scale, and ALC instructions governing condition-based maintenance and vibration capture and analysis processes.
- Conduct failure analysis, data analysis, and reporting.
- Provide board support that is produced from Rotortuner Downloads, H60 on-board vibration (ADVMS) records, HC130J downloads, mechanical diagnostics data, maintenance data, material test and teardown data, structural data, and other component data, such as measured failure rates.
- Conduct analyses with consideration to potential environmental influences that may affect measurement accuracy or material airworthiness.
- Produce written reports.
- Deliver training.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Astronautics, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Vehicle Engineering
- The degree shall be from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited school
- Minimum of four years’ experience in vibration engineering
- Knowledgeable in helicopter rotor smoothing
- Experience in modal testing and analysis
- Experience in condition-based maintenance practices
- Experience in Mat-Lab or equivalent software
- Strong working knowledge of data base management
- Skilled in the use of standard and specialized tools and the equipment of the discipline
- Ability to work in and around aircraft, including the top of wings
Place of Performance
Elizabeth City, NC
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2918441
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.