AFGSC Liaison Officer
AFGSC has an on-going requirement for representation to NORAD/USNORTHCOM. This individual is responsible for representing AFGSC interests at O-6 level meetings, as well as serve as a liaison to other agencies in the local area. Work will be performed at HQ USNORTHCOM, at Peterson AFB CO; with travel to CONUS locations expected.
Duties will include:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates all visits and briefings to AFSPC, NORAD, and USNORTHCOM by AFGSC general officers and staff and prepare AFGSC visitors to effectively engage AFSPC, NORAD, and USNORTHCOM leadership.
- Interact and serve at equivalent levels of AFSPC, NORAD, and USNORTHCOM representatives, who are at the O-6/Flag/General Officer/SES levels.
- Solicit feedback, positions, and requests for information on AFGSC programs from all organizational levels and effectively communicates requests to senior agency personnel for action with recommended courses of action.
- Communicate AFGSC’s positions on issues of interest to MAJCOM and Combatant Command (CCMD) leadership at the O-6/Flag/General Officer/SES levels during MAJCOM and CCMD meetings.
- Maintain contact with AFGSC commander, directors, and staff directorates, and other agencies to maintain currency on issues affecting AFGSC/AFSPC/NORAD/USNORTHCOM areas of interest.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Possess a minimum of nine (9) years’ experience, preferably 20 years, in staffing, communication, and coordination efforts across Combatant Commands, Services, and the interagency.
- Possess at least 12 years’ relevant experience, to include Headquarters staff experience (MAJCOM, CCMD, or Air Staff), Operational Plan (OPLAN), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Concept of Employment (CONEMP) development, Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint), and Program/Project Management.
- Possess experience in completing relevant tasks related to a minimum of three (3) of the following areas: ITW/AA, Cyber, EMP, Satellite communications, NLCC, NC3
- Experience navigating NIPR and SIPR type IT systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and articulate, in writing, technical information with personnel, at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, and follow through.
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and independently, with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with Air Force Leadership Development Principles
- Knowledge and understanding of national, DoD, and U.S. Air Force statutory and regulatory policies, directives, and procedures relating to the nuclear enterprise.
- Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, conduct analysis, devise recommended solutions, and package the entire process in briefings, papers, or reports suitable for executive use and decision-making.
- Skill in oral communications necessary to inform the leadership of program changes, to make presentations to management of a complex nature and to lead and serve effectively on process teams.
Security Clearance Requirement
Top Secret SCI
Place of Performance
Peterson AFB, CO.
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6124753.jobs?ApplyToJob=184790848
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.