Government Contractor is seeking a Correspondence Analyst to perform research and finalize written materials, including executive correspondence; briefing materials, reports, and congressional inquiries to be submitted to internal/external government entities. Participate in the development of standard operating procedures and policies for handling records and managing tracking and reporting systems to monitor the flow of critical documents and commitments.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with stakeholders for the approval and dissemination of internal and external communication. Candidates must demonstrate experience in analyzing and editing official correspondence, ability to determine logical and effective use of information, ensure consistency with recent and previous written materials, and the ability to ensure overall length and tone based on purpose of the documents, ensuring information provided consistently and accurately describes the federal government’s position on strategic program matters and agency operations. 3-10 years’ experience; BA/BS or MA/MS. (Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.) DOD Secret; in addition successful candidate will be processed for DHS Suitability Clearance
Duties will include:
- Monitor the Exec Sec in-box for new assignments and/or responses from external sources.
- Task assignments to internal Groups and/or Divisions.
- Compile reviewer comments using track changes.
- Send reviewer comments to the originating stakeholder for review.
- Edit products ensuring the written product complies with the government’s style guide.
- Monitor and control workflow ensuring timely responses.
- Update Exec Sec’s central database.
- Conduct research past documents agency’s archives.
- Verifies accuracy of information from a wide range of sources.
- Perform analysis and editing of official correspondence.
- As necessary, performs additional research and rewrites submissions to organize, balance, and apply a consistent sense of style, grammar, and punctuation practices to the finished product.
- Prepare or coordinate the scheduling and preparation of briefing material for appointments, conferences, etc.
Minimum Position Requirements
- BA/BS or MA/MS
- Experience in lieu of Degree will be considered
- 3-10 years’ experience
- Typically performs all functional duties independently
- Knowledge of information sources and research methods to develop information on programs and policies. Collects information to compose/edit correspondence, briefings, testimony, and other written documents.
- Strong computer skills using various Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Expertise using automated tracking systems; familiarity with Internet Quorum a plus.
- Knowledge of systems of records such as System of Records Notices (SORNs).
- Knowledge of records management procedures such as disposal of and maintaining official records.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
- Ability to write and edit editorial policies and clearance practices.
- Ability to coordinate, consolidate, and edit the work of others to include documents such as action memoranda, testimony.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing to compose responses to incoming inquiries, suggest appropriate responses, provide status reports and suggestions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various audiences on policy and programs that are often complex and controversial.
Security Clearance Requirement
Place of Performance
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6124753.jobs?ApplyToJob=167984769
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.