Engineering Technical Specification Writer
Loch Harbour Group, Inc. (LHG) is seeking qualified personnel to provide Junior Level, Engineering Technical Specification Writing in support of the US Coast Guard (USCG) Long Range Enforced (LRE) Product Line. This requirement supports a number of USCG assets, including: 282’ WMEC Medium Endurance Cutter; 378’ WHEC High Endurance Cutter; 399’ WAGB Polar Class Icebreaker; 418’ WMSL National Security Cutter; and, 420’ WAGB Icebreaker.
Duties will include:
- Technical Specification Writer- At least At least two years’ experience providing USCG entities with HM&E Technical Specification Support of various CG assets, to include, but is not limited to, 282’ WMEC, 378’ WHEC, 399’, 420’ WAGB, and 418’ WMSL.
- Specification writer shall have and maintain proficiency in the following:
- Technical experience in the operation, repair, and support of HM&E equipment.
- Good writing skills, utilizing the applicable documentation resources.
- Proficient in the use of Coast Guard Standard Workstation III.
- Experience in Microsoft® Power Point©, Microsoft® Word©, Microsoft® Access©, Microsoft Paint®, and Microsoft® Excel©.
- General experience with the development of Maintenance Procedure Cards.
- Technical experience in the operation, repair, and support of Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) equipment.
- Knowledge of the Coast Guard Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC) supply support procedures.
- The Contractor shall provide assistance in the development of depot level ship repair specifications for assorted system, equipment, and structures using applicable references and standard repair specifications.
- The Contractor shall attend and actively participate in the A-Team project planning process as applicable/assigned by the COR.
- The Contractor shall edit and incorporate comments and changes to the specification documentation, as directed by the COR.
- The Contractor shall comply with the task completion time set in the milestones set in FLS for the availability. If the contractor cannot complete the assigned task by the date required, he/she shall notify the COR at least five days prior to the scheduled date.
- The Contractor shall complete any other technical specification support tasks in support of the repair and maintenance of LRE PL assets as assigned by the COR.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience (4+ preferred) providing USCG entities with Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Maintenance Procedure Card Development for various CG assets, to include, but not limited to 282’ WMEC, 378’ WHEC, 399’ WAGB, 418’ WMSL, and 420’ WAGB.
- RCM Certification (Reliability-Centered Maintenance)
- Technical experience in the operation, repair and support of HM&E equipment
- Proficient in the use of Coast Guard Standard Workstation III
- Knowledge of USCG Surface Forces Logistics Centers (SFLC) supply support procedures.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Paint.
Security Clearance Requirement
Place of Performance
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.