Journeyman Financial Analyst
Provide cradle to grave (e.g., pre-award to post-award) financial management support for federal client including contract administrative support, spend plan processes, financial management and contract financial execution reporting. Additional work includes analyzing Earned Value Reports from vendors providing services and products to the Government.
Duties will include:
- Provides financial management expertise supporting large Government procurement programs
- Updates, and maintains detailed Excel–based spreadsheets using complex formulas and Visual Basics macros.
- Develops measures to ensure planned obligations and expenditures meet targeted objectives, develops and monitors financial or spend plans against actual expenditures, prepares financial reports.
- Monitors schedule, obligations, and expenditures in detail by equipment, system, and fiscal year.
- Updates and develops financial status reports as required.
- Monitors and tracks financial, project, and cost data for incorporation into teamwork plans, data calls, financial addendum, budgetary support documentation, and other financial sheets.
- Provides support on fiscal year out-year budget planning, program execution to include development and preparation of funds execution documentation.
- Designing and developing spreadsheet type of analysis in a short timeframe
- Ability to present multiple funding views of a situation in order to assist the government leads in making a better educated decision/ or way ahead.
- Ability to follow-up and communicate results and brief the government management team on the overall analysis.
Minimum Position Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Math, Accounting, or similar discipline
- 3-10 years’ experience providing financial management support to DoD procurement programs.
- Understand Filtering capabilities within excel
- Understand and the ability to write”=If statements”
- Understanding and ability to write “=vlookup statements”
- Understanding and ability to convert data quickly within the Microsoft Suite family, including the Adobe software
- Experience proving financial management services for Government procurement programs
- Excel skills assessed as at least 7 out of 10 skill level as seen below.
- 1.) Data loads from external systems.
- 2.) Ability to filter on needed data within a spreadsheet.
- 3.) Ability to create and edit existing pivot tables.
- 4.) Ability to create and edit existing line, bar, and pie type charts.
- 5.) Ability to write and edit “IF” statements.
- 6.) Ability to write overall equations in excel (i.e. function calculations like: “sum”, ifsum).
- 6.) Desired an understanding of “Vlookup” formulas.
- 7.) Understanding and ability to utilize most Icon tabs within the excel software.
- 8.) Ability to map back to specific cell references.
- 9.) A level 7 type users must have the ability to put “checks” into the spreadsheet to validate errors or inconsistences prior to giving files to end users.
- 10.) A level 7 type users (for the most part) must understand the user’s initial needs and present a “clean” and organized spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of DoD financial and procurement management policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate on complex issues and present results to senior level management
Security Clearance Requirement
Place of Performance
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.