On-site Exercise Planner (Junior)
Oversee the project staff in the execution of its work supporting N&NC/J71, in addition to serving as a fully capable exercise planner.
Duties will include:
- Support tasks and exercises that leverage Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) methods and approaches. Candidates should have experience or familiarity with Joint, DOD, combatant command operations and requirements related to training and education development. Successful candidates should have experience with DHS and whole of community exercise and training requirements. All candidates should have a proven ability to translate requirements and observations into clearly defined written products (briefings, reports, White Papers) in short timeframes
- Assist in planning, developing, and executing of an estimated four (4) VG Joint Regional exercises per year.
- Responsible for planning and execution of exercise events.
- Coordinate and develop exercise planning conferences.
- Deconfliction and coordinate VG exercise meetings.
- Conduct After Action Reviews and prepare After Action Reports.
- Participate in and conduct In-Progress Reviews.
- Coordinate and confirm participation of State and local governments and Non-Government Organizations in exercises.
- Apply HSEEP principles and tasks to develop and execute large, Regional exercises.
Minimum Position Requirements
- MA/MS Degree
- Up to 3 years of relevant experience in exercise planning, coordination, evaluation
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) certified
- Prefer DHS or other federal government experience.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to interface effectively with government officials and military personnel
- Intellectual flexibility and skilled in balancing competing project demands
- MS Office knowledge
Desired Education and Experience
- Support tasks and exercises that leverage HSEEP expertise
- Familiarity with Joint, DOD, combatant command operations and requirements related to training and education development
- Familiarity with DHS and whole of community exercise and training requirements
- Proven ability to translate requirements and observations into clearly defined written products (briefings, reports, White Papers) in short timeframes.
Security Clearance Requirement
Place of Performance
Peterson AFB, Colorado
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.