Senior Supervisory Acquisition Specialist
R-VA OIT QPR – 001
The Senior Supervisory Acquisition Specialist (Financial Specialist, Senior #1) will provide acquisition, budget and contract management support to the VA OI&T QPR Business Office (also referred as OI&T QPR or QPR). This support shall consist of participating in budget and acquisition processes assigned to QPR to include developing requirements; management of budget and acquisition documents in the Budget Tracking Tool (BTT), Virtual Office of Acquisition (VOA), and the QPR Business Office SharePoint site; and coordinating documentation inputs including those for acquisition strategy, independent Government cost estimates, market research and market surveys, pre-award documentation, and post-award support/documentation.
Duties will include:
- Project Management:
- Create and Update a Contractor Project Management Plan (CPMP)
- Plan, coordinate, and hold a Technical Kickoff Meeting
- Supervise one acquisition specialist and one budget specialist
- Procurement / Acquisition Tasks:
- Conduct activities required by the client system acquisition life cycle across all process stages for multiple programs.
- Develop and update program management plans and life-cycle cost estimates.
- Develop market research plans, analyses, and acquisition plans.
- Compile and develop cost estimation and acquisition program baseline documentation.
- Support the planning, programming, budgeting, and accountability process for resource allocation planning, congressional justifications, and acquisition planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Ensure that all procurement package documents are correct and complete:
- Acquisition Plans
- Statements of Work, Performance Work Statements, and Statements of Objectives
- Evaluation Plans, Source Selection Evaluation Plans
- Market Research Worksheets
- Independent Cost Estimates
- Amendments to interagency agreements
- Determination and Findings Documents
- Business Case Documents
- Chief Information Officer Summary Questions
- Quality Assurance Plan/Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan
- Information Security Checklist
- Acquisition Review Module (ARM)
- Sensitive Personal Information (SPI)
- 2237s, Request, Turn-In and Receipt for Property and Services
- Justification and Approvals
- Brand Name Justifications
- Responsible for providing assistance with contract reports, contract performance monitoring and other contract management duties as assigned.
- Budget Support:
- Support the entire QPR office budget
- Support budget meetings and contract briefings of senior government officials
- Work in compliance with the Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) Process Asset Library (PAL) Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution Lifecycle
- Perform budget monitoring
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or other business related field
- National Contract Management Certification, Certified Professional Contract Manager, or Certified Federal Contracts Manager certifications is preferred
- DAWIA certification or similar acquisition certification desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of experience (minimum 5 years supporting VA acquisition activities preferred)
- Experience with the Acquisition Life Cycle (Familiarity with VA VIP PAL Acquisition Lifecycle [ACQL] preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with the FAR and federal contracting
- Experience with SELC concepts and processes
- Superior written and verbal skills to consult with Government personnel and to develop required documentation and plans as a result of the consultations
- Proficiency with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications to include Word, Excel, Projects, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Superior interpersonal skills, including ability to interact in a professional manner with senior level government managers and teammates during periods of high stress and tight deadlines
- Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude
Security Clearance Requirement
Subject to a Background Investigation
Place of Performance
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.